The origins of Elsyca® go back to the research done by Professor Johan Deconinck at the department of Electrical Engineering at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB). With the rise of computing power at the end of the 70s, Professor Deconinck initiated the first attempts to model the underlying physical laws that govern electrochemical phenomena.More History →
Elsyca was founded in 1997 as a culmination of the research efforts that proved the industrial applicability of the electrochemical modelling. Elsyca was established as a spin-off from the VUB and the VKI and derives its name from ‘electrochemical system calculations’; its purpose was to leverage the electrochemical knowledge through software simulation tools and engineering services.
In 2003, Elsyca decided to attract venture capital in order to accelerate its software development, sales and marketing strategy, and to safeguard the required investments in intellectual property rights.In 2006, Elsyca established an engineering branch in Cluj, Romania. Another important milestone in the internationalisation was achieved in 2008 when Elsyca Inc was established as a subsidiary office near Atlanta, USA to cater to the growing number of clients in North America.
In 2006, Elsyca established an engineering branch in Cluj, Romania. Another important milestone in the internationalisation was achieved in 2008 when Elsyca Inc was established as a subsidiary office near Atlanta, USA to cater to the growing number of clients in North America.
Effortless inductive and resistive interference studies
Elsyca IRIS (Inductive and Resistive Interference Simulator) is a state-of-the-art software tool for studying inductive and resistive interference effects between underground pipelines, railways, and other utilities and transmission power lines and cables. Elsyca IRIS enables the engineer to swiftly assess mitigation measures and verify mitigation designs for compliance with international standards.
- Straightforward model creation
- Flexible & high quality model refinement
- Quick and robust solver with automated fault simulation
- Practical post-processing
- Unlimited model complexity
- Easy what-if analysis & mitigation design
With Elsyca IRIS you create effective mitigation designs that have been validated in numerous studies. Unlike with other software, you will find the results to truly correspond with reality. Elsyca IRIS gives you a very good insight in the interference situation and the mitigation process. Its illustrative qualities (graphical charts, visualization with Google Earth, …) and user-friendliness make this a great tool.
Elsyca V-PIMS is a graphical simulation platform for the integrity management of pipeline networks w.r.t. external corrosion. Elsyca V-PIMS simulates and visualizes the CP health status of the entire network based on known design information. Correlating the simulation results with measured field data at test stations allows tracing anomalies in the CP operation, adapting rectifier currents for optimum protection, as well as analyzing and monitoring time-bound effects.
Elsyca V-PIMS supports pipeline operators to comply with prescribed governmental requirements, such as the Dutch norm NTA 8000 and US ASME B31.8S, with respect to Integrity Management and Risk Management: correlation between surveyed as-is status and simulated to-be status enables the monitoring of the health condition of the pipeline network the overall visualization of the network’s CP performance allows prioritization of preventive survey activities modifications and extensions to the network can be verified upfront.
- Links with existing GIS databases and cartography systems for ease of inputting data as well as visualizing results;
- Calculation of off-, on-, IR free- pipe-to-soil potentials, radial current densities, axial currents, voltage attenuation;
- Robust, fast and accurate solver;
- Graphical visualization of pipeline network with color coding of CP health status;
- Post-processing environment for what-if type analyses;
- Optional synchronization with, and analysis of, field monitoring recordings;
- Fully developed in-house with co-operation from Nederlandse Gasunie;
- Optional modules for:
- DC stray current interference analysis : DC interference from transport systems (train, metro, …), HVDC interference from power transmission lines, interferences from 3rd party CP systems or neighboring pipelines;
- AC interference: calculation of induced voltages and currents for inductive and resistive effects during normal and peak loads, and in case of fault scenarios;
- Customizable towards client environment.
The Elsyca V-PIMS provides operators with a unique state-of-the-art management system for the design, optimization, monitoring, and troubleshooting of the pipeline network’s corrosion protection, and ultimately leads to a better understanding of the integrity of the assets.
Elsyca Deep Anode Ground Bed Calculator
Elsyca DAGC is a software simulation tool for the design of vertical deep anode ground bed systems.
Learn More →
Elsyca CPMaster is a CAD-based software simulation platform for the design and analysis of cathodic protection installations.
Learn More →
Learn More →